Resources For Bringing A FTCA Claim
edison_v._united_states__822_f.3d_510.pdf (Disclaimer -- by making these documents available, Mr. Wallach is not intending to advise or advising on how to bring any form of action. These materials are made available to assist practitioners in bringing FTCA action. If you feel as though you have a FTCA claim, or wish that Mr. Wallach consult on complaint drafting, click here).
Click on the following to download:
- Wallach, Ian, "Drafting A Tort Claim Against the Federal Government And Its Contractors And The Limitations On The Independent Contractor and Discretionary Function Exceptions", The Federal Lawyer, March 2017. Click here to read the article in The Federal Lawyer. Click here to download the article.
- Standard Form 95 (Pre-filing Requirement for FTCA claim)
- Comparison chart on cases evaluating the independent contractor exception to the FTCA
- Order of Aug. 25, 20111, C.D.C.CA. Cal. Court in Panah v. USA, discussing application of discretionary function exception to a case involving a known hazard
- Decision in Edison v. USA , 822 Fr3d 510 (9th Cir. 2016)F.3d 510 (9th Cir. 2016